For a short stay, you can choose from either a hotel or a short stay apartments. Apartment will be furnished with utensils, microwave, washing machine etc and all you need to do, is buy your own grocery and cook.
The most popular hotel booking site of Europe goes for Netherlands as well. Very often they also have short stay apartments. Some things you can (should) check in the website before reservation are:
- 7+ feedback rating for the hotel/apartment is what I recommend.
- some hotels include breakfast in their rates (apartments generally do not)
- Cancellation policy: Click on ‘?’ button in the “Conditions” column
- commute to/from the hotel
- if you are price sensitive (i.e if company is not paying your stay 🙂 ), sort the listing based on price
- if you plan to rent a car, then check for free parking in the hotel
- if you have kids, check age limit for free stay
I find booking is also very easy on this site…anyway, it is my favorite 🙂