This article was contributed to this site by Vivek. Thanks Vivek! (If anyone wishes to contribute additional information, click here: https://indiansinnetherlands.com/forum/write-your-article/)
This is vivek. While googling for info on Netherlands i have come across your excellent website https://indiansinnetherlands.com/
I bring to your attention below useful info. if you wish you can share it on your blog/website.
1. India and Netherlands have social security agreement: http://www.epfindia.com/site_en/Operating_SSA.php?id=Netherlands
2. For attestation or/& Apostille of documents/certificates in India ( HRD attestation & MEA attestation/Apostille): http://mea.gov.in/apostille.htm
3. Never laminate any original document/certificate whether its related to educational or non educational. Laminated documents/certificates cant be attested or apostilled . And also documents/certificates which are laminated are not considered original.
4. Check this out.. ricksteves Netherlands videos
5. Before travelling to Netherlands its better to have scanned copy of documents( eg passports, certificates etc ) in our email id or in govts digital locker ( its free): https://digilocker.gov.in/ ( register using aadhaar/phone no). People can use Cam Scanner app to take a photo of their original documents/certificates like passports etc so that they can save copy of documents/certficates n their email ids or digilocker:
6. When boarding flight always have all your original documents/certificates in your hand baggage.
7. After coming to Netherlands, Indians in distress/ emergency in any country can contact Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) through twitter at https://twitter.com/MEAQuery
For Indians who face any issues/grievances abroad can launch complaint MADAD online portal or through Madad mobile App at http://www.madad.gov.in/ Indians who have problems related to passport or renewal of passport can contact MEA through twitter
To contact Sushma Swaraj , Minister for external affairs https://twitter.com/SushmaSwaraj
To contact Minister of State for External Affairs VK Singh https://twitter.com/Gen_VKSingh
8. National Pension System(NPS) for NRI’s (launched by Govt) http://www.mea.gov.in/images/pdf/nps-for-nri.pdf
NPS for NRIs-FAQs
Presentation on NPS for NRIs
for more info NPS
9. You can verify your Indian driving license from the link below: https://sarathi.nic.in:8443/nrportal/sarathi/DlDetRequest.jsp
10. For those who wish to study in Netherlands :
Lisbon Recognition Convention : The “Lisbon Recognition Convention”, officially the Convention on the Recognition of Qualifications concerning Higher Education in the European Region is an international convention of the Council of Europe elaborated together with the UNESCO .
Netherlands is signatory of Lisbon Recognition Convention