There plenty of Indians in Amsteveen. In fact so many that….there is a joke that Amstelveen should be renamed as Amstel Nagar 🙂
Amstelveen is very close to Amsterdam. Hence there is plenty to do in and around. However, information in this post is limited to Amstelveen only.
- Indian stores: Kashmir, Spice Amstelveen, Masala express
- Indian restaurant: Sagar
- The cricket stadium of Netherlands is here – check for VRA. This is also a professional cricket club
- Albert Hein grocery store is open till 10.00PM Mon thru Sat; On Sundays it is till 18.00. Check ah.nl
- There is a Friday market (only on Fridays till 3:00 pm) at the centrum which provides varieties of veg and fruits for a reasonable price.
- On Thusrday, shops in the centrum are open till 21.00
- Amstelveen is well connected with bus, tram, metro. However, there is no train station.
- popular taxi number – 0207777777
- During Diwali time, lot of Indians get together in the centrum and celebrate Diwali. Entry is free for all
- During Diwali time, sparklers are available in the Indian Stores
- Popular housing agency is Rots vast
- Sometimes hindi cinemas are screened in the Pathe theater complex in Amsterdam Bijlmer Arena
- The sports center of Amstelveen is in Spoortlaan. You can find swimming etc